Friday, May 2, 2008

Amalfi

This morning we had a laid back start so we got to sleep in. We almost missed breakfast by the time we finally got upstairs. We took the bus to Sorrento and walked around town for a few hours before we took my dad to the train station. His plan was to take a train to Rome and stay in the airport overnight for his early morning flight. Hopefully everything went ok and he will make it home in one piece. Us 3 came back to the hotel and then decided to take a bus ride on the Amalfi coast. That is not a trip for someone who gets carsick easily or who is afraid of heights. We we right on the edge of the road in a huge bus on a road that was equivelant to a one lane with cars whizzing by. The view however was gorgeous. Tomorrow we head to Rome. I'm a little sad to leave here but am looking forward to seeing a new place. Well, it's nearly midnight and I have an early start, so I think I'll head to bed. Hopefully we will have a computer in Rome so I can still be updating my blog. Until then....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That bus ride sounds fun!!! I wish I could have been there!!!!!
Have fun in Rome!!!!!!!!:)